Forgotten Mother's Day

A forgotten mother am I
I just want to sit and cry,
My son it seems has went away
And refuses to remember Mother's Day

Wonder if he's still aware
That I even exist out there
I bet if I won the lottery
He'd be around for all to see.

But since I can't buy him things
I'm nothing more than broken strings
A puppet he can no longer control
No longer a part of the whole

Tossed aside like yesterday's trash
Because I can no longer give him cash
 I'm not worth his time you see,
I guess I just remain dead to thee.

But still it hurts to know
My son doesn't care to show
Even on Mother's Day
I'll sit alone and waste away.

1 comment:

  1. It happens so often. We let them go and hope for the best.

    Writing helped me with many inner demons. I hope to see you around. Some of the poetry sites are fabulous. I think you will find a great community of caring people.

    ReplyDelete