My Dragon Spirit


My Dragon Spirit's got control.
Where she'll take me I do not know.
Will her tale have a Celtic flair?
or will she pull it from thin air..

My pen's under a dragon's spell;
what tale is told I cannot tell.
Will she tell us of days long gone?
or teach about the Dragon's Song?

I hear her voice inside my head;
I do not fear, nor do I dread.
Her voice soft and gentle to me;
defies the image man does see.

A Dragon looks fierce, yet can be;
gentle, loving to those she sees.







**Edited for Poet's Rally Week 44 Rock on Poets!

15 comments:

  1. I've been a fan of gentle loving dragons since I first visited Anne McAffrey's Harper Hall of Pern...

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this !!
    wonderful tale, well penned !
    Happy Rally !
    JL&B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful combination of thoughts and words...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice rhymes, enjoyable tale.
    Have fun at the rally! :)

    http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/05/19/a-little-while-longer/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty write, I like this gentle dragon. Enjoy the Rally!

    http://wp.me/pPury-2C\

    ReplyDelete
  6. A dragon spirit to guide, that would be wonderful surely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you make a dragon close to our hearts.
    well done.

    Happy Rally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the narration! Beautiful and flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a lovely, ringing and rhyming, canter of a read. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gentle & loving dragon...nice.

    Congratulations on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome, thanks a lot for the award acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dragons and mystical notions are right up my alley. Thanks for the nice quatrains and ending couplet to summate the piece. Very well done and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete